Amazon Echo Dot Setup 3rd Generation
Echo Dot Setup is an easy setup. First, you need to Amazon Alexa App on your phone, iPhone, tablet, or computer.
Look Here you will know:
Easily Download Alexa App for Echo Dot
It is very easy to Amazon Echo dot Setup (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations) in a few simple steps. First, you have to download Alexa app for echo dot setup you can also visit alexa.amazon.com.
To set up Echo dot, the echo you need to placed it in a central location of the home. At least eight inches away from Alexa app windows and walls.
The Amazon echo dot can be placed anywhere in your living room or other. Also, can be on the kitchen counter or on your bedroom nightstand.
1. Get Amazon Alexa in a Few Seconds
Download Alexa app by visiting the Google play store on your mobile phone and search for Amazon Alexa App. Just download it. It will take just a few minutes to download and install the Alexa app.
If you are working on a computer, you need to follow the link alexa.amazon.com and follow the downloading process. This link works in all browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari.
2. Plugging in the Amazon Echo Dot for Alexa
The first step towards setting up Echo dot is plugging the device. And an opening of the Amazon Alexa app to start the echo dot setup process.
The next step in the process of the Echo Dot setup is to find the power jack and plug the power adapter into it. Take the end of the power adapter and plug it into the wall socket.
3. Wait for Echo Dot to Initialize for 2-3 Minutes
After plugging the echo device, turn it on. Wait for a few seconds to get initialize the device. The front light indicator on the device will indicate the turning on of the device. This means that the Amazon Echo dot is ready for the final echo dot setup step.
4. Open Amazon Alexa and Select your Echo Device
Now, we are close to doing the Echo dot setup. The bottom right of the screen will show the cog-shaped icon. Pressing this icon will take you to the setting up echo dot menu.
After some time, you will see this option “Set up Alexa Device”. Select the right device from the menu and choose the correct language from the next page.
5. Connect Echo Dot to Wi-Fi Network
Here, you will see an option to “Connect Echo Dot to Wi-Fi” from the next page. You can connect wifi-network by clicking on that option.
Before the wifi connection, unplug the device and plug it again if the connection fails to establish. Sometimes it happens when we do echo dot setup. But it’s okay, we have the solution to setup echo.
6. Talking to Alexa
Now, you can call Alexa to ask your question. You can change it by going to the setting up echo dot. It provides the option to change the wake word. Start talking to the app by saying simple and clear sentences.
Step by Step Guides for Echo Setup
Follow the steps for the Amazon Echo setup. To use Amazon Echo, first, you need to do echo setup properly. Otherwise, you will not be able to get full benefits from it.
1. How to Download Alexa App and Sign in?
Alexa app for Alexa setup is available free of cost. That can be easily set up echo to manage alarms, shopping lists, music and more.
Amazon Alexa for echo setup is compatible with tablets and phones with:
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 8.0 or higher
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
Visit Alexa.amazon.com to download Alexa App for echo setup. You can get Amazon Alexa app from Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
You can get the Amazon Alexa app from a mobile phone, just open the app store and search for “Alexa App”. Select the application and download it within minutes.
2. Turning on Amazon Echo
For echo setup, it needs to plug into the power adapter and to the power outlet.
The light on the Amazon Echo will turn blue and then orange. Amazon Echo will work after the light turns orange.
3. Connect Echo to Wi-Fi Network for Setup
The app contains the guided instructions that will help in establishing a connection with the Wi-Fi network. With that, you can easily Connect Your Echo to Wi-Fi for Setup Echo.
Want to know the best part? In case you encounter problems in connecting with the Wi-Fi network. Unplug the device and again plug it into the power outlet in order to restart it. Or just press and hold the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth button for five seconds until a tone is heard.
If the Amazon Echo is turned off, press and hold the Power button to turn the device on. If the problem is not solved, the Amazon Echo has to be reset to its factory settings.
4. Talk to Alexa
Once the echo setup is done and ready to use, you can give instructions to it. To get started with echo, say “wake word” to it.
Just click on the Echo device and then select Wake word.
You can change the wake word for your echo. Easily change the wake word by your voice. Just say “change the wake word” and see the instruction to do it.
Read the tips and tricks to use Echo and Alexa, click on Alexa for business.
Amazon Echo Show
The Echo devices that come with a screen are called Echo Show and Echo Spot. Echo Show comes with a 7-inches touchscreen. It can be used to view pictures, play videos from Amazon Prime, make video calls and even watch movies. Echo Spot is a smaller device with a circular design and screen that measure 2.5 inches in diameter.
Download Alexa app for Echo Show setup (1st, 2nd, 3rd generation) and touch screen on the device. The device needs to be plugged into a power supply. Place it in a central location. It works like other Echo devices through voice commands and powerful speakers.
One can set up multiple Alexa Amazon app compatibles across a home or office and control them remotely. If using voice commands, the device closest to you will become active. Certain content like location, language. The time zones are shared among devices whereas information like Bluetooth connections. Alarms are device-specific and remain unshared.
How to do the Echo Show Setup?
Therefore, you’ve just bought your brand new Amazon Echo show. Firstly you have to visit here to download the app for Amazon Echo Setting.
Great, but that’s only the beginning. Therefore, once you take it home, you need to know how to set it up so you can start enjoying it.
This is crazy:
We’re going to walk you through the Echo show setup.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Internet Service
- Internet Router & Wi-Fi Capability
- A PC/Laptop/Smartphone/Tablet/MAC Desktop
- Your Amazon Account (Prime is preferred)
- Amazon device Unit
Exclusive Basic Setup:
You might be wondering:
- Similarly, first, Alexa app download for echo on your PC/MAC or any other smart device. You can download this app from the Amazon App Store, Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- You can download Alexa app from Alexa.amazon.com using Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10 (or a higher version), Safari, and Microsoft Edge as well.
- After downloading the app, you need to get the right spot for your new Amazon Echo device. Ensure that it is at least eight inches away from walls and Alexa app windows.
- Plug the Echo device into an AC power outlet using only its approved power adapter. It should turn on automatically and Alexa will say, “Hello, your Echo Device is ready for setup.”
- After that, onscreen prompts will ask you to select a language, then you need to connect Echo to Wifi (make sure you have your keycode and password handy).
- In addition, Time Zone Setup echo is next, and then follows the Amazon Alexa Login (login to the same account you set up on your smart device). Accept the terms and conditions and check the updates ready message for any firmware updates. Finally, select Install Now. The installation will take a couple of minutes and you will be notified once it is complete. Wait until you see a notification that the of the updates are complete.
- Once the updates have processed, a video will become available ‘Introducing the new Echo.’ It is recommended that you watch the video to become familiar with the features of the Echo Show. Finally, Amazon Alexa should say, “Your Alexa is ready.”
Now, you have successfully installed your brand new Echo show 5. If you get any problem with your echo show you can contact the customer services.
When the echo show setup is over, you can customize the Echo further through the built-in setting options. After that, you could enable selections from the Alexa Skills option through the Alexa app for Echo that is on your smartphone Tablet.